Lightroom 4.2 is now available as a final release on Adobe.com and through the update mechanism in Lightroom 4. The goal of this release is to provide additional camera raw support, lens profile support and address bugs that were introduced in previous releases of Lightroom.
Bugs Corrected in Lightroom 4.2:
The following bugs that were part the Lightroom 4 releases have been corrected. The team appreciates the very detailed feedback the community has provided on Lightroom 4 and we’re excited to correct a number of issues experienced by our customers. These issues have been FIXED:
- Stacked photos were hidden in both the Grid view and Filmstrip. This occurred when photos get unstacked as a result of enabling auto-stacking.
- Folder stacks with virtual copies were unstacked when moving to another folder.
- When scrolling through the filmstrip (at somewhat fast rate), occasionally a “gray” image was displayed for an instant and then replaced by the correct image preview.
- The Navigator Panel in Map did not pan correctly.
- Parents and synonyms of “do not export” keywords also did not export.
- Occasionally were unable to publish videos to Facebook
- Audio did not play in video files after creating a slideshow that contains music (Win 7 only)
- Image select arrow on keyword list didn’t display when keyword list contained a large number of keywords
- Unable to edit Lightroom photos as jpegs in Photoshop Elements
- Carriage Return in either the Title or Caption field invalidated a Flickr upload.
- Tether capture bar disappeared after deleting photo (Win only).
- Back Cover of Book layout had Horizontal text on spine rather than Vertical
- Sharpening was not applied to books that were exported as JPEG files
- Double-byte characters were not exported to Books saved as PDF files
- Unable to type accented character in book module in LR4
- Luminance Noise slider was unresponsive when Clarity is greater than 0.
- Develop keyboard shortcuts (+ and – keys) no longer worked in older process versions such as PV2010
New Camera Support in Lightroom 4.2:
- Canon EOS 650D / Rebel T4i
- Canon EOS M
- Fujifilm XF1
- Fujifilm X-E1
- Fuji FinePix F800EXR
- Leaf Credo 40
- Leaf Credo 60
- Leica S
- Leica D-LUX 6
- Leica V-LUX 4
- Nikon Coolpix P7700
- Nikon 1 J2
- Nikon D600*
- Panasonic DMC-G5
- Panasonic DMC-LX7
- Panasonic DMC-FZ200
- Pentax K-30
- Samsung EX2F
- Sony Alpha NEX-5R
- Sony Alpha NEX-6
- Sony Alpha SLT-A99V
- Sony DSC-RX100
* Please note that the support for Nikon D600 is preliminary and there is a minor risk that the appearance of your images may change when the final support for Nikon D600 is available in an upcoming release.
Newly supported cameras for tethered capture:
- Canon EOS Kiss X5
- Canon EOS Kiss REBEL T3i
- Canon EOS 600D
- Canon EOS Kiss X50
- Canon EOS REBEL T3
- Canon EOS 1100D
- Canon EOS 5D Mark III
- Canon EOS 1D X
- Nikon D4
- Nikon D800
- Nikon D800e